BreakingNewsLocal NewsTrending

Parts of Kantamanto ravaged by fire

Parts of Kantamanto ravaged by fire

Shops and properties around the Cocoa Marketing Board near Kantamanto have been ravaged by fire on Sunday, 17 September 2023. According to reports, the fire started around 5 am early in the morning on Sunday.

Reports from the location of the disaster claimed that a gas explosion caused the outbreak which gutted shops, houses, and many properties.

 

However, there has been no confirmation of fatalities and severe injuries to people living in that location.

The Ghana National Fire Service was contacted as soon as the fire started, however, the fire had spread to several shops and destroyed goods worth a fortune.

Video Here:https://x.com/Citi973/status/1703306092380344602?s=20

This caused distraught and frustration among traders and other victims of the incidents. They expressed their frustration at the fact that the fire had gutted their goods and therefore destroyed their business.

The Ghana National Fire Service advised traders and residents to be careful with their usage of electrical appliances to prevent casualties of this sort from happening.

This is not the first time fire a disaster of this sort has occurred in the area in recent years. This follows a similar incident in 2020 and 2022 at the Kantamanto market where several shops were gutted fire. Traders affected are still recovering psychologically and financially from this incident.  The recent outbreak begs the question, “What could be done to prevent these incidents?”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button